ACCEPTANCE OF TERMS
The following Terms of Service Agreement (the “TOS”) is a legally binding agreement that shall govern the relationship with our users and others which may interact or interface with Absolutely Paperless, 639 Jessup Street, Unit A, Brighton, Colorado 80601, and our subsidiaries and affiliates, in association with the use of the website, which includes Absolutely Paperless Inc. (the “Site”) and its Services, which shall be defined below.
DESCRIPTION OF WEBSITE SERVICES OFFERED
The Site is an e-commerce website which has the following description:
Absolutely Paperless develops simple-to-use scalable PDF workflow solutions for businesses with no annual contracts or monthly subscription fees required.
Any and all visitors to our site shall be deemed as “users” of the herein contained Services provided for the purpose of this TOS.
The user acknowledges and agrees that the products, solutions and Services provided and made available through our website are the sole property of Absolutely Paperless. At its discretion, Absolutely Paperless may offer additional products, solutions, and Services, or update, modify or revise any products and solutions.
This Agreement shall apply to any and all additional products and solutions, as well as updated, modified or revised Services unless otherwise stipulated.
Absolutely Paperless does hereby reserve the right to cancel and cease offering any of the aforementioned Services and/or products and solutions. You, as the end user, acknowledge, accept and agree that Absolutely Paperless shall not be held liable for any such updates, modifications, revisions, suspensions or discontinuance of any of our products, solutions, or Services.
Your continued use of our products, solutions, or Services provided, after such posting of any updates, changes, and/or modifications shall constitute your acceptance of such updates, changes and/or modifications, and as such, frequent review of this Agreement and any and all applicable terms and policies should be made by you to ensure you are aware of all terms and policies currently in effect. Should you not agree to the updated, modified, revised or modified terms, you must stop using the provided Services.
Furthermore, the user understands, acknowledges and agrees that the products, solutions, and Services offered shall be provided “AS IS” and as such Absolutely Paperless shall not assume any responsibility or obligation for the deletion and/or failure to store products and solutions in a secured manner.
Upon registration, you hereby acknowledge that by using Absolutely Paperless Inc to send electronic communications, which would include, but are not limited to, email, searches, instant messages, uploading of files, photos and/or videos, you will be causing communications to be sent through our computer network. Therefore, through your use, and thus your agreement with this TOS, you are acknowledging that the use of this Service shall result in interstate transmissions.
CAUTIONS FOR GLOBAL USE AND EXPORT AND IMPORT COMPLIANCE
Due to the global nature of the Internet, through the use of our network you hereby agree to comply with all local rules relating to online conduct and that which is considered acceptable Content. Uploading, posting and/or transferring of software, technology and other technical data may be subject to the export and import laws of the United States and possibly other countries. Through the use of our network, you thus agree to comply with all applicable export and import laws, statutes and regulations, including, but not limited to, the Export Administration Regulations (http://www.access.gpo.gov/bis/ear/ear_data.html), as well as the sanctions control program of the United States (http://www.treasury.gov/resourcecenter/sanctions/Programs/Pages/Programs.aspx).
Furthermore, you state and pledge that you:
- a) are not on the list of prohibited individuals which may be identified on any government export exclusion report (http://www.bis.doc.gov/complianceandenforcement/liststocheck.htm) nor a member of any other government which may be part of an export-prohibited country identified in applicable export and import laws and regulations;
- b) agree not to transfer any software, technology or any other technical data through the use of our network Services to any export-prohibited country;
- c) agree not to use our website network Services for any military, nuclear, missile, chemical or biological weaponry end uses that would be a violation of the U.S. export laws; and
- d) agree not to post, neither transfer nor upload any software, technology or any other technical data, which would be in violation of the U.S. or other applicable export and/or import laws.
CONTENT PLACED OR MADE AVAILABLE FOR COMPANY SERVICES
Absolutely Paperless shall not lay claim to ownership of any content submitted by any visitor or user, or make such content available for inclusion on our website Services. Therefore, you hereby grant and allow for Absolutely Paperless the below listed worldwide, royalty-free and non-exclusive licenses, as applicable:
- a) The content submitted or made available for inclusion on the publicly accessible areas of Absolutely Paperless’s sites, the license provided to permit to use, distribute, reproduce, modify, adapt, publicly perform and/or publicly display said Content on our network Services is for the sole purpose of providing and promoting the specific area to which this content was placed and/or made available for viewing. This license shall be available so long as you are a member of Absolutely Paperless’s sites, and shall terminate at such time when you elect to discontinue your membership.
- b) Photos, audio, video and/or graphics submitted or made available for inclusion on the publicly accessible areas of Absolutely Paperless’s sites, the license provided to permit to use, distribute, reproduce, modify, adapt, publicly perform and/or publicly display said Content on our network Services are for the sole purpose of providing and promoting the specific area in which this content was placed and/or made available for viewing. This license shall be available so long as you are a member of Absolutely Paperless’s sites and shall terminate at such time when you elect to discontinue your membership.
- c) For any other content submitted or made available for inclusion on the publicly accessible areas of Absolutely Paperless’s sites, the continuous, binding and completely sub-licensable license which is meant to permit to use, distribute, reproduce, modify, adapt, publish, translate, publicly perform and/or publicly display said content, whether in whole or in part, and the incorporation of any such Content into other works in any arrangement or medium current used or later developed.
Those areas which may be deemed “publicly accessible” areas of Absolutely Paperless’s sites are those such areas of our network properties which are meant to be available to the general public, and which would include message boards and groups that are openly available to visitors.
CONTRIBUTIONS TO COMPANY WEBSITE
Absolutely Paperless provides an area for our users to contribute feedback to our website. When you submit ideas, documents, suggestions and/or proposals (“Contributions”) to our site, you acknowledge and agree that:
- a) your Contributions do not contain any type of confidential or proprietary information;
- b) shall not be liable or under any obligation to ensure or maintain confidentiality, expressed or implied, related to any Contributions;
- c) shall be entitled to make use of and/or disclose any such Contributions in any such manner as they may see fit;
- d) the contributor’s Contributions shall automatically become the sole property of; and
- e) is under no obligation to either compensate or provide any form of reimbursement in any manner or nature.
All users herein agree to insure and hold Absolutely Paperless, our subsidiaries, affiliates, agents, employees, officers, partners and/or licensors blameless or not liable for any claim or demand, which may include, but is not limited to, reasonable attorney fees made by any third party, which may arise from any content a user of our site may submit, post, modify, transmit or otherwise make available through our Services, the use of Services or your connection with these Services, your violations of the Terms of Service and/or your violation of any such rights of another person.
COMMERCIAL REUSE OF SERVICES
The user herein agrees not to replicate, duplicate, copy, trade, sell, resell nor exploit for any commercial reason any part, use of, or access to ‘s sites.
Absolutely Paperless shall reserve the right at any time it may deem fit, to modify, alter and or discontinue, whether temporarily or permanently, our products, solutions, or services, or any part thereof, with or without prior notice. In addition, we shall not be held liable to you or to any third party for any such alteration, modification, suspension and/or discontinuance of our Services, or any part thereof.
Any correspondence or business dealings with, or the participation in any promotions of, advertisers located on or through our Services, which may include the payment and/or delivery of such related goods and/or Services, and any such other term, condition, warranty and/or representation associated with such dealings, are and shall be solely between you and any such advertiser. Moreover, you herein agree that Absolutely Paperless shall not be held responsible or liable for any loss or damage of any nature or manner incurred as a direct result of any such dealings or as a result of the presence of such advertisers on our website.
Either Absolutely Paperless or any third parties may provide links to other websites and/or resources. Thus, you acknowledge and agree that we are not responsible for the availability of any such external sites or resources, and as such, we do not endorse nor are we responsible or liable for any content, products, advertising or any other materials, on or available from such third-party sites or resources. Furthermore, you acknowledge and agree that Absolutely Paperless shall not be responsible or liable, directly or indirectly, for any such damage or loss which may be a result of, caused or allegedly to be caused by or in connection with the use of or the reliance on any such content, goods or Services made available on or through any such site or resource.
You do hereby acknowledge and agree that Absolutely Paperless’s Services and any essential products and solutions that may be used in connection with our Services shall contain proprietary and confidential material that is protected by applicable intellectual property rights and other laws. Furthermore, you herein acknowledge and agree that any Content that may be contained in any advertisements or information presented by and through our Services or by advertisers is protected by copyrights, trademarks, patents or other proprietary rights and laws. Therefore, except for that which is expressly permitted by applicable law or as authorized by Absolutely Paperless or such applicable licensor, you agree not to alter, modify, lease, rent, loan, sell, distribute, transmit, broadcast, publicly perform and/or created any plagiaristic works which are based on Absolutely Paperless Services (e.g. Products or Solutions), in whole or part.
Absolutely Paperless herein has granted you personal, transferable exclusive rights and/or license to make use of the products and solutions on unlimited multiple computers, as long as you do not, and shall not, allow any third party to duplicate, alter, modify, create or plagiarize work from, reverse engineer, reverse assemble or otherwise make an attempt to locate or discern any source code, sell, assign, sublicense, grant a security interest in and/or otherwise transfer any such right in the product or solution. Furthermore, you do herein agree not to alter or change the products or solutions in any manner, nature or form, and as such, not to use any modified versions of the product or solution, including and without limitation, for the purpose of obtaining unauthorized access to our Services. Lastly, you also agree not to access or attempt to access our products, solutions, or Services through any means other than through the interface, which is provided by Absolutely Paperless for use in accessing our Services.
YOU HEREIN EXPRESSLY ACKNOWLEDGE AND AGREE THAT:
THE USE OF ABSOLUTELY PAPERLESS’S PRODUCTS AND SOLUTIONS ARE AT THE SOLE RISK BY YOU. OUR PRODUCTS AND SOLUTIONS SHALL BE PROVIDED ON AN “AS IS” AND/OR “AS AVAILABLE” BASIS. ABSOLUTELY PAPERLESS AND OUR SUBSIDIARIES, AFFILIATES, OFFICERS, EMPLOYEES, AGENTS, PARTNERS AND LICENSORS EXPRESSLY DISCLAIM ANY AND ALL WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND WHETHER EXPRESSED OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO ANY IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF TITLE, MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND NON-INFRINGEMENT.
LIMITATION OF LIABILITY
YOU EXPLICITY ACKNOWLEDGE, UNDERSTAND AND AGREE THAT ABSOLUTELY PAPERLESS AND OUR SUBISDIARIES, AFFILIATES, OFFICERS, EMPLOYEES, AGENTS, PARTNERS AND LICENSORS SHALL NOT BE LIABLE TO YOU FOR ANY PUNITIVE, INDIRECT, INCIDENTIAL, SPECIAL, CONSEQUENIAL OR EXEMPLARY DAMAGES, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, DAMAGES WHICH MAY BE RELATED TO THE LOSS OF ANY PROFITS, GOODWILL, USE, DATA AND/OR OTHER INTANGILBE LOSSES, EVEN THOUGH WE MAY HAVE BEEN ADVISED OF SUCH POSSIBILITY THAT SAID DAMAGES MAY OCCUR, AND RESULT FROM:
- a) THE USE OR INABILITY TO USE OUR SERVICE;
- b) THE COST OF PRECURING SUBSTITUTE GOODS AND SERVICES;
- c) UNAUTHORIZED ACCESS TO OR THE ALTERATION OF YOUR TRANSMISSIONS AND/OR DATA;
- d) STATEMENTS OR CONDUCT OF ANY SUCH THRID PARTY ON OUR SERVICE;
- e) AND ANY OTHER MATTER, WHICH MAY BE RELATED TO OUR SERVICE.
SPECIAL ADMONITION RELATED TO FINANCIAL MATTERS
Should you intend to create or to join any service, receive or request any such news, messages, alerts or other information from our Services concerning companies, stock quotes, investments or securities, please review the above Sections Warranty Disclaimers and Limitations of Liability again. In addition, for this particular type of information, the phrase “Let the investor beware” is appropriate. Absolutely Paperless’s content is provided primarily for informational purposes, and no content that shall be provided or included in our Services is intended for trading or investing purposes. Absolutely Paperless and our licensors shall not be responsible or liable for the accuracy, usefulness or availability of any information transmitted and/or made available by way of our Services, and shall not be responsible or liable for any trading and/or investment decisions based on any such information.
EXCLUSION AND LIMITATIONS
THERE ARE SOME JURISDICTIONS, WHICH DO NOT ALLOW THE EXCLUSION OF CERTAIN WARRANTIES OR THE LIMITATION OF EXCLUSION OF LAIBILITY FOR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES. THEREFORE, SOME OF THE ABOVE LIMITATIONS OF SECTIONS WARRANTY DISCLAIMERS AND LIMITATION OF LIABILITY MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU.
THIRD PARTY BENEFICIARIES
You herein acknowledge, understand and agree, unless otherwise expressly provided in this TOS, that there shall be third-party beneficiaries to this agreement.
Absolutely Paperless may furnish you with notices, including those with regards to any changes to the TOS, including but not limited to email, regular mail, MMS or SMS, text messaging, postings on our website Services, or other reasonable means currently known or any which may be herein after developed. Any such notices may not be received if you violate any aspects of the TOS by accessing our Services in an unauthorized manner. Your acceptance of this TOS constitutes your agreement that you are deemed to have received any and all notices that would have been delivered had you accessed our Services in an authorized manner.
You herein acknowledge, understand and agree that all of the Absolutely Paperless trademarks, copyright, trade name, service marks, and other Absolutely Paperless logos and any brand features, and/or product and service names are trademarks and as such, are and shall remain the property of Absolutely Paperless. You herein agree not to display and/or use in any manner the Absolutely Paperless logo or marks.
COPYRIGHT OR INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY INFRINGEMENT CLAIMS NOTICE & PROCEDURES
Absolutely Paperless will always respect the intellectual property of others, and we ask that all of our users to the same. With regards to appropriate circumstances and at its sole discretion, Absolutely Paperless may disable and/or terminate the accounts of any user who repeatedly violates our TOS and/or infringes the rights of others. If you feel that your work has been duplicated in such a way that would constitute copyright infringement, or if you believe your intellectual property rights have been otherwise violated, you should provide to us the following information:
- a) The electronic or the physical signature of the individual that is authorized on behalf of the owner of the copyright or other intellectual property interest;
- b) A description of the copyrighted work or other intellectual property that you believe has been infringed upon;
- c) A description of the location of the site which you allege has been infringing upon your work;
- d) The physical address, telephone number, and email address;
- e) A statement, in which you state that the alleged and disputed use of your work is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agents or the law;
- f) And finally, a statement, made under penalty of perjury, that the aforementioned information in your notice is the truth and accurate, and that you are the copyright or intellectual property owner, representative or agent authorized to act on the copyright or intellectual property owner’s behalf.
The Absolutely Paperless Agent for notice of claims of copyright or other intellectual property infringement can be contacted as follows:
Attn: Copyright Agent
639 Jessup Street, Unit A
Brighton, Colorado 80601
BE IT KNOWN, that Absolutely Paperless complies with all applicable Federal Communications Commission rules and regulations regarding the closed captioning of video content. For more information, please visit our website at Absolutely Paperless Inc.
This TOS constitutes the entire agreement between you and Absolutely Paperless and shall govern the use of our Services, superseding any prior version of this TOS between you and us with respect to Absolutely Paperless Services. You may also be subject to additional terms and conditions that may apply when you use or purchase certain other Absolutely Paperless Services, affiliate Services, third-party content or third-party software.
CHOICE OF LAW AND FORUM
It is at the mutual agreement of both you and Absolutely Paperless with regard to the TOS that the relationship between the parties shall be governed by the laws of the state of Colorado without regard to its conflict of law provisions and that any and all claims, causes of action and/or disputes, arising out of or relating to the TOS, or the relationship between you and Absolutely Paperless, shall be filed within the courts having jurisdiction within the County of Adams, Colorado or the U.S. District Court located in said state. You and Absolutely Paperless agree to submit to the jurisdiction of the courts as previously mentioned, and agree to waive any and all objections to the exercise of jurisdiction over the parties by such courts and to venue in such courts.
WAIVER AND SEVERABILITY OF TERMS
At any time, should Absolutely Paperless fail to exercise or enforce any right or provision of the TOS, such failure shall not constitute a waiver of such right or provision. If any provision of this TOS is found by a court of competent jurisdiction to be invalid, the parties nevertheless agree that the court should endeavor to give effect to the parties’ intentions as reflected in the provision, and the other provisions of the TOS remain in full force and effect.
STATUTE OF LIMITATIONS
You acknowledge, understand and agree that regardless of any statute or law to the contrary, any claim or action arising out of or related to the use of our Services or the TOS must be filed within 3 years after said claim or cause of action arose or shall be forever barred.
Please report any and all violations of this TOS to Absolutely Paperless as follows:
Attn: Copyright Agent
639 Jessup Street, Unit A
Brighton, Colorado 80601
Updated on: January 1, 2018